A Brief Overview
Primary Care of the Treasure Coast (PCTC) is a full-service primary care medicine practice with 19 providers and around 80 staff members. We have our main office in Vero Beach, near Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital, and also an office in Sebastian, Florida. PCTC seeks to provide “one stop shopping”, with most commonly needed services available in our office.
PCTC has expanded hours access on Saturday mornings, for your convenience when unexpected illness occurs. We make every attempt to provide same-day appointments within the practice to any of our patients who call that day. If you do require hospitalization, our providers will care for you at Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital.
- Office exams, “wellness” visits, and care of both acute and chronic conditions
- Care for all patients (children, men, and women) of all ages, from birth until “whenever”
- School and work exams, PAP smears, colposcopies, repair of lacerations, office orthopedics (casting fractures, joint injections), office skin surgery for cysts, moles, and skin cancers
- In office laboratory (blood testing)
- Diagnostic ultrasound, including cardiac echocardiography, carotid ultrasound, peripheral vascular disease, etc.
- Immunizations, including influenza vaccine, shingles (herpes zoster) vaccine, tetanus boosters, childhood immunizations, travel vaccines
- Bone density measurement (DEXA scan)
- Hearing evaluation, audiology services, hearing aid dispensing and repair
- Diabetes teaching for education and self-care
- Coordinate care with outside facilities/providers referred out to as well as hospitals
- Chronic Care Management
PCTC has participated in a variety of projects with new technology, using electronic medical records and ePrescribing since 2006, electronic access to your records via the Patient Portal since 2010, and others. PCTC has achieved a National Level III rating with the Patient Centered Medical Home program, a quality improvement program from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology in treating Atrial Fibrillation (http://www.teamanticoag.com/). PCTC has also been a part of the Florida Blue “Recognizing Physician Excellence” program since its inception, qualified for the federal Meaningful Use program, and other initiatives. PCTC now provides free “guest WiFi” in our facility.